Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I am untouchable even after death!

I wanted to write a very happy post... But some things just don't want to leave me. I can't even turn a blind eye to these issues. For the time being the most I can do is rant about it in my blog! Though this does not help anybody... I see no other way at this time atleast to do something about it. I hope with few people reading my blog atleast the mindset (read hypocrisy) change.

Before continuing reading my blog, please do read
this!

Are we so in-human? Can't we even give them a decent burial? First of all they lead such dreadful lives (I refuse to accept that people get into this profession by choice... It's more by force than for pleasure!)

Ok. First things first... Why are they there? Why do they practice prostitution? If there were no "visitors" no-one would have done that! So it's ultimately the same demand-supply principle! People (the so-called normal citizens) demand it... And hence these people are there and practicing it.

So how come they become un-touchables?? *surprise* I really don't want to get into the details but do people simply see them and come and never touch them in those places? Then how come just after coming out of that place they are suddenly not to be even looked at!!!

The society is so full of hypocrites (people... Don't start scolding me that I have something against Indian men now... Please.. I am talking in general.. These kind of people are not "respected" in any part of the world for that matter!).

Now obviously the government can't do anything about it.. Because prostitution is still not legal in India. So, as a responsible society why can't we do something about this?

Now, you have understood me wrong if you think that I am in anyway supporting this trade! This is the most dreadful thing of all! I am sure all these people can find some other jobs to fill their stomach... But that's left to them.. I mean if they want to fall to cheap levels.. It's their wish.

But as someone being a society member... Don't you think it's our own responsibility to give them a chance for atleast a decent burial? Are they asking for too much? After all man... They are dead! What more harm can they cause (assuming they have caused "some-harm" before!)?

*sigh* *double sigh*.. With all these things we are supposed to be the "civilized-species"!!! When we can't even respect fellow specie member... Are we even anywhere close to civilization?

7 comments:

pavan kumar said...

if a criminal/murderer/rapist/terrorist can get a decent burial, then these women deserve nothing less

Shoe said...

I pity them. No seriously I pity them. You know I heard a quote from Alyssa Milano yesterday. She said that "there is a small prositute hidden in every man and every woman". How true u know. The reason that job exists is because there are there are peopel who go there. That proves her quote (though nobody wants to admit it)!!! Very bad....thats the irony of life....irony of human mentality.....

Shoe said...

Also shark, I dont agree that they take up the trade because of their "cheap levels". I've had a friend/roomate who was a human trafficking layer. She used to cry every evening after coming back from work and meeting prostitutes. They are forced into flesh trade and most of the times it is not by choice...and they have no liberty to leave the job once they get into it...I've read many books and articles about this trade and nothing about it is by choice......u should see the girls trafficked from malaysia and nepal...the rate of this is ad nauseum..............u should see "Born Into Brothels"... it is a documentary aboit human trafickking in Kolkota's red light areas shot by the kids of these prostitutes ,,,,they were given cameras and asked to shoot their lives......

Shark said...

@GI: I completely agree with you! I seriously pity them.. I have also read a lot of books and artciles about their dreaded life...

If you noticed, I said in the begining of my blog only.. that I don't ever think that somebody gets into such a profession for pleasure.. it's more by force.

But when I said cheap-levels.. I said in a way that "if" you consider that it is a cheap thing to do... finally it's their wish right?

I and You chose to sell our brains and earn money.. they chose to sell their bodies and earn money simple!

Shoe said...

"I and You chose to sell our brains and earn money.. they chose to sell their bodies and earn money simple! "


Shark, thats where u r getting me wrong. Key word here is 'Choose'.....We chose and they were 'forced'(more often than never). Choose gives an impression that they wanted to do the job......

Shark said...

@GI: Le... You got me wrong again... I said even IF it was their "wish" to do so... it's none of our business.. it's their wish after all...

But I agree with your completely when you say more often than not they are forced into such things. :(

Anonymous said...

Sad though!
Met a celebrity recently & I was asking her thoughts on being famous etc, She said, its so boring to be like that, I trusted her since she is not any heorine or so.
She said me that she wants to something good, she has a great voice & she has done like hazar anchoring & this time she is into talking to such people & HIV infected .. Just to make them understand that there are other ways to earn money not just sell your bodies.. I was impressed, its all one has to decide to bring in the change & it abolishes finally. I am sure, its comparitvely low now unless people do it (reminds me the dating allowance case now:-)

Watch these kannada movie called 'Gejje Pooje' & 'AragiNi'...
I was zapped when I visited Vegas.. I was double zapped when I learnt its legal there. We are better na? we maane Indians.